There are four days until it’s officially autumn, but we all consider it to be fall right when September starts. And since it was cold out today, I decided it was only right to do some baking that involved pumpkin..while listening to Frank Sinatra of course.
I don’t always bake gluten free, but when I do I make sure to have a good gluten-free flour mix. The one I used for this recipe was Pamela’s Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour which worked great!
I halved the recipe to make a small batch, and I used a pan for six little bundt cakes-that’s why mine look the way they do-but I will write the regular version which will make about 15 regular sized donuts.
2-1/2 cups of Pamela’s Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour
1 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup cane sugar
1-1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp cinnamon (ground)
Just a pinch of nutmeg and ginger
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 beaten eggs
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 can pumpkin puree (14 oz)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease donut pan
- In a large bowl, whisk dry ingredients-flour, brown sugar, cane sugar, baking soda, sea salt and the spices
- Add the rest of the ingredients-vanilla, beaten eggs, coconut oil, and pumpkin
- Mix thoroughly until smooth
- Put your batter into the pan, and fill close to the top
- Bake for 16-18 minutes. Donuts should be firm but springy
- After my donuts cooled I just sprinkled some powdered sugar on them, but if you want to sugar the donuts (with granulated sugar) do it while they are still a little warm after baking. Just put a mixture of cane sugar and cinnamon in a plastic bag and shake it around with each donut
There are also some great glaze or frosting recipes out there..one time I want to try cream cheese frosting with these!
This is the original recipe with a homemade flour mix, a little different than how others and I did it: https://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/2012/10/gluten-free-pumpkin-donuts.html
Definitely try out the recipe, these baked donuts turned out so delicious. Mine are already close to gone! Since I love fall baking, check in for more pumpkin-related treat recipes which I’m so excited to try. Thanks for reading!